Monday, June 3, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - June 3rd, 2013

Pin It Its official!  We have completed our homeschool year and are ready to enjoy the summer break.  In fact, our good friends have also finished homeschooling for the year, so we are having an end of year party together to celebrate.  There will be field games, homemade (dairy-free) ice cream, fruit salad and burgers on the grill.  There was even talk of a piñata.  Now if we can just hold off the rain!

So here's our meal plan for the first week of summer vacation . . .

MONDAY - Burgers on the grill with fruit salad and french fries

TUESDAY - At the request of my daughter, I'm going to try my hand at gluten-free chicken crepes!  I plan on using the filling from creamy chicken pie as the crepe filling.

WEDNESDAY - Grilled Sausages with Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers with Rice

THURSDAY - Honey Mustard Chicken Salad  My daughter and I are going to make dinner together!

FRIDAY - Tacos (always a favorite on summer evenings)

SATURDAY - Grilled Chicken Drumsticks with Oven Fries and Salad

SUNDAY - Crockpot Chili for a meal to share at church (I just realized I haven't shared this recipe yet!  I'll try to remedy that shortly.)

I'd love to hear some of your hot weather dinner ideas!  Please share!

This plan is being shared at Menu Plan MondayGluten Free Menu SwapMusings of a Housewife

3 comments:

  1. The end of the year party sounds like fun. What are you using for your dairy-free ice cream? My kids aren't crazy about coconut milk, so I'm thinking about trying almond milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather - All my ice cream recipes use coconut milk, but I'm planning to try this chocolate sorbet recipe I came across. http://carriescreativekitchen.blogspot.com/2013/05/dark-chocolate-sorbet-dairy-free.html

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the end of the school year! That salad looks amazing, I just pinned it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Due to a high volume of spam, comments are being moderated. Your comment will appear as soon as it as been approved.