Monday, February 6, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - Feb 6, 2012

Pin It Happy Monday!  Its cold here this morning so I'm happy that I've planned some warm-you-up dinners for this week.  Next week we will be traveling up to NH to visit family and my mom is taking over the dinner plan (yahh!) - so I'll be enjoying a week off from planning and preparing dinners.  But for this week, here's our plan.

MONDAY - Creamy Chicken Pie  This recipe was inspired by one I found on Organized Home for Chicken Vol au Vents.  Its not a pot pie, but could easily be turned into one.  And if you find you like this, its a great one to double batch and freeze for another night.

TUESDAY - Stuffed Peppers (just the filling with sliced peppers on the side)

WEDNESDAY - Taco Soup in the crockpot with Cornbread on the side

THURSDAY - I've been looking for a new way to add some flavor and interest to chicken breasts so I'm going to try this new idea for Ranch Chicken.  I'll be using the Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix found at 5 Dollar Dinners. I can't decide if it would be better to just coat the chicken in the dry seasoning mix or actually make up the dressing and use that.  (any input?)  I'll serve Oven Fries on the side.

FRIDAY - Planned-over Taco Soup and corn chips

SATURDAY - Tuna Casserole - I'm still working out the details of this recipe, but I'll post it when I get it just right.

SUNDAY - Dinner in NH - Not sure what my mom has planned (That's me letting go of control. Nice.)

Be sure to look for more ideas at Organizing Junkie and Celiac Family.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of comfort food here that is inspiring my next menu plan. Tuna casserole and chicken pie in particular. Have a great week and a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week of eating. The Ranch Chicken sounds like a good idea. You could mix up the dressing and use it as a marinade. Or, maybe add the dry mix to some GF bread crumbs to coat the chicken. It all sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Due to a high volume of spam, comments are being moderated. Your comment will appear as soon as it as been approved.